Roy Maas’ Youth Alternatives is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has provided counseling & residential care for 73,000+ children since 1976 and is the oldest agency in San Antonio targeting “at-risk” youth. Services are designed to help children through a full continuum of programs:
- Bridge Emergency Shelter provides 24-hour care for children from 5-17 years old.
- TurningPoint, an independent living program for up to 20 young adults, 16-21 years old.
- RMYA Counseling Center provides Master’s level services for at-risk youth & families.
- MeadowLand Campus, home to long-term residential programs for up to 80 youth & includes a residential treatment program for children with emotional & behavioral needs.
- MeadowLand Charter School, an open enrollment public school on MeadowLand Campus serving at-risk youth in 7th-12th grades.
RMYA is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and is a 2010 and 2011 San Antonio Express-News Top Workplace.